- Institutions previously approved by their state as SARA participating institutions are eligible for annual renewal;
- Institutions are alerted multiple times by NC-SARA (via e-mail) to begin the renewal process.
- The SARA member state reviews the institution’s renewal application and takes one of four actions: a) approves the Institution’s renewal application; b) approves the Institution’s renewal application on Provisional Status (see Sections 3.2 and 3.3 of the SARA Manual); c) returns the institution’s application for additional data/information; d) denies the institution’s renewal application.
- Upon approval of a renewal application, the institution pays its renewal fee to NC-SARA and, if required, to its SARA member state.
- Delays in payments to NC-SARA result in late fees and potential loss of participation.
- Renewals on Provisional Status may carry additional institutional obligations or limitations.
Detailed information about the loss of institutional eligibility or withdrawal under SARA is in the SARA Manual, Section 3.7.