21st Century Guidelines for Distance Education: An Overview & Update
Date: June 29, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (Mountain Time)
This webinar provided an overview of the development of and information about the 21st Century Guidelines for Distance Education for accreditors, which have replaced the 2011 C-RAC Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education. Presenters discussed:
- The important role the 2011 C-RAC Guidelines have played in SARA's student consumer protections and state authorization reciprocity policies.
- The NC-SARA-commissioned project, completed by NCHEMS, which resulted in the new 21st Century Guidelines for accreditors.
- How SARA-participating institutions and SARA member states reference and use the Guidelines in their SARA work.
- NC-SARA's proposed next steps for adoption and implementation, which will go to the NC-SARA Board in October 2021.
- How some accreditors may be adopting and using these guidelines in their various accreditation processes.
- Lori Williams, President and CEO, NC-SARA
- Sally Johnstone, President, NCHEMS
- Barbara Brittingham, President Emeritus, NECHE
- Laurie Dodge, Vice Chancellor of Institutional Assessment and Planning, Brandman University, Participant in 21st Century Guidelines development, NC-SARA Board Member
- Leroy Wade, Deputy Commissioner, Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development; SARA State Portal Entity; NC-SARA Board Member
- Jeannie Yockey-Fine, General Counsel, NC-SARA
- Melanie Booth, Director of Educational Programs and Communications, NC-SARA