NC-SARA & WCET/SAN 2-Part Webinar Series
In summer 2022, NC-SARA partnered with WCET/SAN to offer a 2-part webinar series focused on state authorization and SARA. Read more below and follow the links to access the recordings and slides.
Part 1: State & Federal Building Blocks for Out-of-State Activity Compliance
Thursday, July 28, 2022 12:00pm - 1:00pm (Mountain Time)
Part 1 of this webinar series is designed primarily for institution personnel (but open to the public) and will focus on the foundations of state authorization for out-of-state compliance and reciprocity. NC-SARA and WCET/SAN will be partnering as your hosts. Participants of the webinars will be introduced to:
- Purpose of State Oversight
- Foundational Principles
- Scope of State Authority Over Activities
- Impact of Federal Regulations on State Authorization
- Possible Routes to State Compliance
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA)
Presenters: Cheryl Dowd and Kathryn Kerensky from the WCET/State Authorization Network.
Part 2: Introduction to SARA
Thursday, August 4, 2022 12:00pm - 1:00pm (Mountain Time)
Part 2 of this webinar series is designed primarily for institution personnel (but open to the public) and will focus on the foundations of state authorization reciprocity - SARA. NC-SARA and WCET/SAN will be partnering as your hosts. Participants of this webinar will be introduced to:
- Life Before and After SARA: Cost Savings, Streamlined Authorization, and Consistent Student Protections
- Requirements for Institutions Participating in SARA
- SARA Facts & Figures
- Potential Impact of Proposed Federal Regulations on SARA
- Further Your Learning: Additional SARA Resources
Presenters will be Jeannie Yockey-Fine, Mary Larson, Marianne Boeke, and Melanie Booth from NC-SARA.